My girls had been asking for one of these and Discover Dr. Cool came through with an awesome project for them to do. They loved it.
A video will be coming soon and I will post the link once it is up.
You can purchase Dr. Cool's Volcano here or on Amazon.
What Dr. Cool Has to say about their product.
- * Make a volcano erupt and collect 3 real volcanic specimens (pumice, obsidian arrowhead, and a geode)
* Ultimate kit includes: Volcano Mold, plaster, paints, brush, eruption powder, and 3 real specimens
* Perfect science fair project or gift for kids 6-12 that are interested in volcanoes, earth science or geology
* Full-Color Info and Activity guides were written by teachers are filled with cool science facts about volcanoes and puzzles to solve
* Winner of Gold Award from Family Review Center, Kids Product of the year from Creative Child Magazine, and Seal of Approval from the Toy Directory
We've turned this classic science experiment into the ultimate hands-on volcano experience! First you'll use the plaster and mold included to make your volcano chamber. Then you'll use the brush and paints included in the kit to decorate it. Next you'll make the volcano erupt over and over again with the eruption powder (included). Plus you'll get to examine 3 genuine volcanic specimens including: a real geode, an obsidian arrowhead, and a floating piece of volcanic rock called pumice. The information guide will teach you all about your specimens as well as how volcanoes form and why they erupt. Also included is an activity booklet with 10 fun games, puzzles, and challenges to complete. Because everything is included in the kit, you won't need to run to the store for additional supplies. If you're doing this project for the science fair, you'll love how nice this volcano looks---it's way better then those paper mache volcanoes. This is the perfect science kit for anyone interested in geology, earth science, or volcanoes.
AWARDS WON: Gold Award - Family Review Center 2012, Seal of Approval - Family Review Center - 2012, Kids Product of the Year - Creative Child Magazine -2012 and Seal of Approval - Toy Directory Monthly 2013.
- Some tips for casting a successful volcano: the Ultimate Volcano directions call for one cup of water to be added to the plaster, and this amount works for most customers. However, if you have added a full cup and the mix still seems too thick to pour into the mold, stir in a little extra water, adding a bit at a time (up to 1/4 cup). The ideal consistency should be thick, but pourable. We also recommend working quickly and using cold water throughout, since warm or hot water can make the plaster harden more quickly.
You can find out more about Discover with Dr. Cool on:
Disclosure: MarksvilleandMe received one or more of the products mentioned above as part of a promotion with Tomoson and Discover with Dr. Cool. Regardless, MarksvilleandMe only recommends products or services we use personally and believe will be good for our readers. Some of the links in the article may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive compensation. If you would like MarksvilleandMe to review a product or service please contact us at email@example.com.